Fondant Miniature Figurines Workshop

I've long waited to attend this workshop conducted by Gina. I've postponed it once, and finally I got my chance to attend it on Saturday.

I arrived her place much earlier before the workshop started. As I had known her for quite sometime already, we chatted before the workshop started. I've not been to her place before too!

When the rest of the participants arrived, we started with some basic do's and don'ts for fondants. She went through some basics before we started the modelling.

These were the miniature figurines which Gina did.


These were some of those that I did.


We found that time just flew too fast! Even with extension of the time, we weren't able to complete moulding all the figurines! However, we're happy that we have picked up some modelling skills from Gina. She shared her experience openly with us. I was glad I attended this workshop to sharpen my fondant modelling know-hows! :)

11 comments:

Big Boys Oven said...
June 7, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Looks like you had a great time at the workshop! :) cool!

Kitchen Corner said...
June 7, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Eeeee.. I like the little bird! Sooo cute! You did it very nice, Jane!

Bakericious said...
June 7, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Hi jane, u did a fantastic job, the figurines are so cute! I must also spare times to attend workshop.

busygran said...
June 7, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Hi Jane,
Chanced upon your blog. I was at the class last Saturday - the oldest student seated next to you.
Great blog you have!

ReeseKitchen said...
June 7, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Hi Jnae, the bird looks so cute. I'm attending mine this thursday too..;)

Passionate About Baking said...
June 7, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Hi Big Boy Oven,
I sure did had a great time!

Hi Grace,
Thanks! The instructor is good, so my bird is cute. ;)

Hi Jess,
Thanks! Oh yes, it's never too late to attend workshops and classes to upgrade ourselves! ;)

Hi busygran,
Thanks for dropping me a note! It's so nice to be connected to you! Have you been practicing?

Hi Reese,
Aw, it's your turn to have fun now! Share what you learn okay? I'm interested to know too!

Pris said...
June 10, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Hi Jane,
My 1st time using fondant, I had fun too & 3 hrs at the class seems too short. Your blog is interesteing too. What is the other lady's name?

Hi busygran,
I can't access your blog.

Passionate About Baking said...
June 10, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Hi Pris,
Thanks for your lovely comments.

I can't really remember their names. I think busygran is Judy or Julia(?). The other lady should be Julianna.

So are you going to take up anymore workshops for fondant?

Passionate About Baking said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Hi Pris,
Thanks for your lovely comments.

I can't really remember their names. I think busygran is Judy or Julia(?). The other lady should be Julianna.

So are you going to take up anymore workshops for fondant?

busygran said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Hi Jane,
Chanced upon your blog. I was at the class last Saturday - the oldest student seated next to you.
Great blog you have!

Big Boys Oven said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Looks like you had a great time at the workshop! :) cool!

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!